Thursday, November 29, 2012

Gray Matter

Hello All!

I was asked to make a silver and gold cake in a week.  I haven't used these two colors a whole lot before.  You cannot make silver buttercream, but you can use luster dust to make it silver.  I thought I better practice!  The gold should be easier since I will use fondant for those accents. 

I like to make parchment bags.  They work great for small batches and are inexpensive.  Plus, clean up is a snap!  Just take the tip out and throw away, no washing the bag.  Gotta love that!

I made a small batch of gray frosting.  It was a little dark, but was just for practice :)

I like to use a glass to hold the bag upright while filling any of my bags. 

I used Wilton's silver dust.

Mix it with a little vodka.  You also can use clear vanilla if you prefer. 

I piped a little on wax paper, can always use the practice at writing :)  I can have good handwriting when I try, but piping is a whole other story.

I brushed the dust on after.  Couldn't really capture it with the camera, but you get the gist.  You can see the sparkles.  Plus, when I make the cake I will use a lighter gray which will look nice against a white cake.


Hope you all have a great rest of the week!
If you want email notifications when I have posted, subscribe on the right :)
Thanks for looking!






No comments:

Post a Comment