Sunday, January 29, 2012

An apple a day......

Last weekend I went to my girlfriend Katie's house to bake.  We made a new cupcake together.  It was the first time we have baked together and it was a blast!  I normally do not like to bake with anyone, have my own routine.  It was easy to do with Katie.  I think being friends for so many years we know what to do and how each other work.  We made a Carmel Apple Cupcake. 
This is the first time we have grated an apple before.  We ended up using 3 Gala apples.
We knew by tasting the batter that the cupcake was going to be delicious!
We made the carmel from scratch.  I didn't realize how long and hard it is to make. 

Katie's dog, Brooklyn, loved baking day!!  While mixing the cream cheese frosting, the powdered sugar was going everywhere.  Brooklyn thought she would help come clean the floors for us :)
The cupcakes turned out so great!!  It was a apple cake, with carmel inside and a cream cheese frosting.  Katie drizzled carmel on the top for a great touch.

It was a great day baking with Katie, and I am looking forward to the next time we get to do it again :)
Hope you all have a great week!  Thanks for looking.



No comments:

Post a Comment