Friday, January 20, 2012

Cherry on Top!

I have become a DC Cupcakes fan lately. I bought their book.  I also watched the first season and fell in love <3  My mom's girlfriend lives out east and has had cupcakes from Georgetown Cupcake.  She says they are amazing.  I was inspired after that to try a recipe.  I chose Banana Split Cupcake.  It was a good one.  There were so many different aromas in my kitchen tonight; from banana to cinnamon to chocolate.  What a great time baking. 
The cupcake is a banana cake base.  Then it has a chocolate ganache filling.  Put on a cream cheese frosting with toffee and more ganache.  And top it off with a cherry. 

The ganache was chocolate and heavy cream mixed.
I made a hole in the cupcake to put the ganache in

They look like little dishes of ice cream :)


I topped them off with some ganache, toffee, sprinkles and a cherry! 

They are very sweet.  Definitely have to have a glass of milk with it.  I am very happy with how they turned out!  My girlfriend KT and I are going to try another of their recipes this Sunday, a Carmel Apple Cupcake.  Hopefully that one turns out just as good as this one.
Hope you all have a great weekend and thanks for looking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment