Monday, January 16, 2012

Red and Green

I have been in a funk so I decided to bake to cheer myself up.  I found a new recipe for Red Velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.  It was just what I needed.  I feel better :)   The recipe turned out very well.  The cupcake was a rich red.  I put some Valentine sprinkles on it for fun.

Here is a shot of the red center :)


I had a birthday cake to make for my friend's niece this weekend.  She was turning 13!  She likes the zebra print and loves green so this is what we came up with.  It was yellow cake with buttercream frosting.  I was told to load up on the frosting in the center.  I am sure her and her girlfriends were bouncing off the walls from all the sugar :) 

I hope you all have a great week and thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment