Sunday, April 3, 2011

Trial and Error

So this week I have a cake due of a Over the Hill cake.  I rented a Wonder Mold pan.  It is a real deep pan so I wanted to see how it would cook.  I baked a cake in it and it went well so I made a Spaghetti and Meatball cake out of it.  I decided to made icing from scratch again.  I tried a new recipe this time.  It was the smoothest icing I have ever used!  But, I am not sure if I like the taste/texture of it yet.  I tried some generic sugar and I think I can taste the difference.  My brother and sisters all thought it was good :)  Hopefully it is an easy fix and that will become my new icing.  As much as I LOVE buying it I really should start making it again.  As for the cake, it turned out okay.  I piped the noodles, and the meatballs are cake balls.  I was not impressed with the strawberry topping that I chose at all!  It was way too runny.  But for a practice cake it worked.  Here is the finished product.  Thank you to my mom, dad and siblings for taking one for the team and eating it for me :)



This wednesday I have the Over the Hill cake due for a girl at work and Sunday I have a Baptism cake due for a good friend.  I did all the fondant work today for it so they should go fairly quickly.  Until then have a great and fabulous week!!

1 comment: