Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Jack turns 2!

Hello All!

My girlfriend's little boy turned 2.  He loves Thomas and she wanted cupcakes for the party.  I have never done a pull apart cake before and thought it would be a fun idea. 

She wanted 30 cupcakes.  I didn't realize I would need such a big board.  I am very glad I tested it before I started making it.  I put chocolate on the outside and yellow on the inside.  Thought it would give it a little more uniform look.

It took so much frosting!  I used a whole batch of frosting just to cover all the cupcakes.

I then started piping.  Made tracks, grass and such.  It took longer than I thought, but am pleased with how it turned out :)

 
Thanks for looking!  Have a great day.



1 comment:

  1. I was wondering if this was for Jack, great job!!! He's such an adorable kid... and I've loved the cake you made for him for his 1 yr birthday.

    ReplyDelete