Tuesday, October 2, 2012

H D

My dad's birthday was this week.  He bought a new Harley Davidson motorcycle earlier this spring.    He is loving being a Harley owner.  He has seen Harley Davidson cakes before and said how cool they were, so I thought I would make him one :)
I wanted to make the logo and thought the best way would be with Royal Icing.  I have worked with it some before, still trying to be more comfortable with the icing.  I knew this would be hard because of all the small detail work. 
I taped the logo down and put a sheet of wax paper on top.  I first traced the white.

Then, I piped all the orange

Lastly, I filled in the black. 

I am happy with how the logo turned out.  It was time to bake the cake.  I was waiting for my eggs, butter and whipping cream to warm for 30 minutes so I prepped everything else.  I NEVER do this!  I normally am measuring as I go.  I had to take a pic :)  I will say it was so nice having everything prepped and ready to go in the mixer. I will start doing it more often.

It was a vanilla cake frosted with Buttercream.  I put some flames on the bottom for a border.

My dad loved his cake :)

Hope you all have a great week!
Thanks for looking :)





2 comments: