Sunday, April 15, 2012

pop, Pop, POP!

A girl asked me to make something for her mom.  Her mom had a kidney transplant 20 years ago.  I am not one for making anatomy cakes.  So I decided to make friendly, happy kidneys :)  Angie from Bakerella also had a transplant not too long ago and make some cute pops.   http://www.bakerella.com/yipee/  I thought they would be perfect for her mom as well! 
It was a yellow cake.  I decided to spice it up a little with a tag.  My girlfriend, Kasey, wrote out the sayings for me.  She has such pretty writing, me not so much. 
I had some leftover cake and decided to make some more pops.  It is my Aunt Heidi's birthday tomorrow.  I made her flower pot pops.  The bottom is the cake.  The top flower is candy melts.
I also made some plain flower pops to use up the rest of the chocolate.  I used a flower cookie cutter to make the shape.

That's it for now.
Thanks for looking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment