Monday, January 28, 2013

Decorating Cookies

Hello All!

When you work with royal icing everything has to be grease free.  You have to clean all your tips, spatulas, bowls etc.  I use vinegar to de-grease everything.  You cannot do that to anything plastic like tupperware or cloth bags.  I used to use a separate plastic bag each time.  Gets to be a little expensive.  I have learned a new trick for piping royal icing.  Karen has a great short video on how to do it: karens cookies

I was in love with it the first time I tried it!  Will never go back.

Lay a sheet of saran wrap on your counter.  Drop some icing in the middle. 

Fold the corners together the triangle way.  Roll it up.

Then do a hard roll, like a wet towel.  Just don't try to smack anyone in the butt with this  :)

Put the icing in your plastic bag that is fitted with a coupler.  Secure the open end with a rubber band.  Snip off the other end and put your desired tip on.  You are ready to pipe!

These were my Christmas cookies.  I made the outline first, then flooded the cookie right away.

 
Hope you have a great day!
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment