Friday, March 29, 2013

Start your Engines!

Hello All!

This past weekend I had two birthdays to bake for.  The first one was my nephew, Tristen's, 3rd birthday.  He wanted Cars theme again.  Last year I did a cake for him, so I thought I would do cupcakes this time.   My sister wanted marble cupcakes.  I made three different toppers for the cupcakes.  Flags, tires and Lightning McQueen.  The cars took a little while to make, but worth it :)

 
 
The second cake was for a friend from school.  I have known Teresa since 1st grade, long time ago!  She was turning 30, now I feel old :(  She wanted a vanilla cake with cherry filling.  I have made raspberry but not cherry.  The filling was pretty simple to do.  Drain the cherries and boil the juice with sugar.  mix together with a touch of lemon juice and there you have it! 






Teresa has a Dodge Challenger and loves zebra print.  I made the car out of Rice Krispie Treat
s covered in fondant.  I haven't made a car before.  I got all the treats on the counter and just sat there for a minute thinking "what did I just get myself into!"  But, in the end wasn't too difficult to shape. 
 

Hope you have a great Easter!  Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment