Sunday, October 16, 2011

Smash!

I made the birthday cake for my girlfriend's little one's 1st birthday.  She was doing the Construction Pals theme.  I made the cake to match.  It is a marble cake with buttercream frosting.  Fondant accents.  The truck is made from Rice Krispie Treats covered in fondant.  I am pleased with how it turned out.
Jackson seemed to like the cake.  I made him a separate smash to go after.  He liked the red and green frosting.  Didn't really go for the cake too much.  Overall, it was a hit.

I had some leftover cake so I made some cake pops.  I haven't made any in a while.  I think I need to buy different candy melts.  The wilton ones don't seem to want to melt that well.  I used chocolate in the double boiler and that worked pretty good.  I also have to start making the balls smaller.  It is getting too heavy for the dipping process.  I still have a lot more to learn with them. 
Here is the white pumpkin:

Next is the Pirate:

And last we have the Mummy:

I hope you all enjoyed today's post.  I am in the middle of baking another cake :)  I saw a pic of a cute ghost cake, so I decided to make it.  I feel like all I have done these last three days is bake.  But, I am still having fun while doing it so that is all that matters.  I will post it later on when it is done.

Till then...


No comments:

Post a Comment