Sunday, July 10, 2011

Wedding Bells

This week was the wedding.  I started baking on Wednesday.  Finished baking on Thursday.  6 hours total to bake all the cake.  Thursday night I had all the cakes frosted.  I woke up at 6:30 Friday morning and finished the cakes.  I put on the black ribbon and made the fondant pearl border.

The cake had buttercream frosting, Bavarian cream and strawberry filling inside a marble cake.  I had a little mishap once I got to the hall to set it up.  I am not sure if it was the heat or the ride, but part of the border fell off of the 2nd tier.  I was able to re-attach it.  The lady at the hall assembled the flowers on the cake after I left. 
My friend Jennie loved the cake!  Because I am not a licensed baker they were not able to cut and serve the cake to the guests.  So, a few of us decided later in the evening to sample it.  It was fun.
It turned out very well and I will start thinking about the next wedding cake I have to do in September.  I am not sure how many more I would like to due because of the pressure it brings to be perfect.  We will see what the road ahead has in store.
I have one due this Friday for my great grandma, stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment