Sunday, June 26, 2011

B & B

I made the baby shower cake. It was a marble cake with buttercream frosting.  The accents are all made from fondant.  These are the colors of the nursery.

I prepped everything for making the cake pops.  Paul and I even found a design to make for them.  I never made them :(  I started to and then lost interest.  I have a 30th birthday cake coming up for a friend of Paul's.  And I will be making him a beer bottle cake.  So I made the sugar bottles today instead :)  Paul helped with the pouring process.  It is so much easier with 2 people doing it.  I made a total of three bottles.  I made the mold last fall out of rubber latex.  I can keep reusing the mold.  It took about 4 days and 15 coats of the latex, but the mold works great.  The bottles are corn syrup and granulated sugar heated up and then poured into the mold.  Since I do not have a dishwasher I had to boil the measuring cup to get the hardened sugar off the cup.  It is a process but they look real. Plus you can smash them just like glass.  Here is a finished bottle.  I cooked it a little longer to give it the dark beer effect.

The plastic and saran wrap is there so there won't be any fingerprints.  The bottle is a little sticky and will pick up prints very easy.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and have a great holiday weekend coming up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment