Sunday, May 15, 2011

Blocks away!

Well, I finished the cake for my work.  I started baking Wednesday night and finished Thursday morning.  I was able to finish the whole cake by 1pm on Thursday.  This was the first time I have ever crumb coated.  What that means is I put a thin layer of frosting down to get all the crumbs.  Then after a half hour went back and put a top coat of frosting.  That way I didn't have to worry about crumbs showing. It turned out real well.  I did that because I was not able to get the cake in the fridge to cool down before frosting like I normally do.  Too big.  I also could not get the cake in my backseat either due to being too big.  I had to put it in my trunk which had me on edge.  I like to be able to look at my cake if needed.  The whole morning was an anxiety attack for me!  I was sooo nervous.  These are the people I see everyday.  I had to get it right or I would feel horrible.  Needless to say, I was shaking putting the blocks on.  I think it turned out real well.  Everyone seemed to like it and thought it tasted better than the sheet cakes they had made :)

And so you can get an idea how big it was, here is one with me standing by it.

I am very glad to have that done and over with.  I have a cake due in June and then a wedding cake to do the beginning of July.  I think after doing this cake, that one will be a breeze :)

Hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment